Tuesday, October 18, 2011

BOO!

I said I would be doing more Halloween decor and here it is.  I took wooden letters (I was going to do SPOOKY but I didn't have enough paper etc left for 5 letters so I went with 3.  Here's how I did it.


I took Making Memories paint (yes I know it's old but it's still a goodie in my book) in Black and Shopping
Bag.  I didn't want something so harsh as black so I mixed the two and painted the letters.


Once dry I traced the letters out of Basic Grey's Eerie collection and because I traced them they are going to be slightly bigger than the actual letters.


I sprayed some Auburn Tattered Angels for a little color and sparkle. I then added some of Tim Holtz's crackle paint in rock candy and picket fence.  Distressed it in Black Soot and Gathered Twigs, BG felt and glitter 3D stickers.  I scored a 2" strip to make the embellishment that is behind the skull and used thick chipboard in strips to connect the letters together.  I finished it off with some red flowers, black velvet ribbon and black/white twine. 


I will be posting some more Halloween cards soon.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I've had letters like this for years and STILL haven't done anything with them. Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete