Monday, December 12, 2011

Major Back Log....

I had such a great schedule planned for Dec.  Yeah...the execution was something to be desired.  I put a little too much on my plate this year (can't blame a girl for trying) so I took a little longer than I wanted to getting my "JOY" decoration done.  I finally finished it last night.    I even like it better than my boo :)

This is what I started with.  I was going to do "JOY" in all the same letters but when I got to the craft store they were all out of  O's.  So I had to get even more creative than I was planning to.  I grabbed this big one and decided I would figure out something.  I grabbed some white paint and started my project. 



I love the new Nordic collection from Basic Grey and at a stamp convention back in Sept I picked up one of Darcies ornament kits and some twill.  I added some distress inks to the fun and this is what I ended up with.  Enjoy! :)   

I also got day 2 done in Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas.  I've been following his awesome tags but not copying them.  Unfortunately I only got to day 2 - this was the one I had to defer to 2012.  My DD has really just taken over everything and I'm totally OK with it, happy even.  I'm having a blast with my DD and PL so it's all good :)  
Here is day 2:
I used Cosmo Cricket silver rub-ons, broken china and iced spruce for the back ground color, a little water, clear snowflakes from Imaginisce and Echo Park paper snow flake brad. 

Check back later for more DD pages.  I hope to "catch up" in the next day or two.  :)

1 comment:

  1. This JOY project is just amazing, Maria. You have lots of great crafty ideas. Yours is the kind of blog I LOVE to follow to gain new inspiration. I would like to invite you to stop by my blog - I'm having a special give-away this week. I hope you will stop by if you have a moment. I love to meet new bloggers. I really look forward to following one another if you're interested, and don't forget my give-away. Hope to see you soon!
    Great work!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete